What are Cookies
Two types of cookies are used on the Site depending on the cookie owner:
- First-party cookies – These cookies are set by the website you’re visiting. And only that website can read them.;
Third-party cookies ('Analytics and Statistics' & 'Marketing & Retargeting') – These cookies are set by someone other than the owner of the website you’re visiting. Please note that we have no control over third party cookies. The following third parties [Google, Facebook] may be given access to the website for the purpose of setting cookies. These third party cookies are likely to be analytical cookies or performance cookies or targeting cookies. To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, you may visit the settings in your chosen browser to manage the use of these types of cookies. See various help guides below...
Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Safari - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
Internet Explorer - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
The cookies we use can also be categorised from their purpose of use perspective:
- Strictly Required Cookies: these are cookies that enable core functionality of the Site, such as: security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Site functions.
- Optional Third-party cookies:
- Performance and analytical cookies that help us:
- to measure and improve the performance of the Site;
- to improve the Site by collecting and reporting information on how you use it;
- to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation of the Site by helping a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly;
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to the Site and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way;
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
- Targeting/advertisement cookies that are dropped on the Site when you use it by third party marketing and advertising networks to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
You can prevent the setting of cookies or disable set cookies at any time by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). These help guides have been listed below...
If you disable cookies, please be aware that some of the features of our Services may not function correctly.
The Cookies we set
- Orders processing related cookies. This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Site preferences cookies. In order to provide you with a great experience on this site, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies, so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page and is affected by your preferences you set.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned, if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: